|Company Type:||Independent Repair Service|
This is a full-time position. Work 4 days a week, 10 hour days. As the low man/woman on the poll you would have weekends and Wednesdays off. You would occasionally need to work on a Wednesday to cover a vacation. When Wednesday shifts are needed you will generally have the option of overtime pay or scheduled flex hours. Overtime is NEARLY always at the discretion of the employee. (If the owner goes on vacation.. it would be a prearranged mandatory)
SEMI-ENTRY LEVEL – Would love to find someone fresh out of trade school with a good attitude. If your long-term goal is to own or manage your own shop… this is your golden opportunity to learn everything there is to know. If you have some experience as a tech and want to do a bit of the cake work service writing provides... this might be your thing.
Position includes, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, reimbursement for employee carried medical insurance (will have group insurance in the next couple months), access to parts at wholesale price, company paid lunch on Thursdays (often BBQ), paid training, paid ASE certifications and the opportunity to work for a shop that truly appreciates you.
· Ability to write clear coherent diagnostic narratives in terms the customer can understand
· Ability to communicate with customers in writing, in person, on the phone and via e-mail/text in a professional and personable manor
· Diagnose and repair to specifications - brake and hydraulic, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension, air conditioning and computer system issues
· Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
· Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal and informal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
· Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in a team environment performing technical activities.
· Keep shop management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
· Maintain an organized and neat bay.
· Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
· Have either graduated from an automotive trade program (Certificate or Degree) or at least 2 years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
· You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
· Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
· Own or be ready to acquire you own hand tools and box.
Females and other minorities are encouraged to apply!
Please either E-Mail a resume and/or cover letter to:
Certifications / Qualifications
|Monday||7:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Tuesday||7:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Thursday||7:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Friday||7:00AM - 6:00PM|
Job last updated Feb 1, 2019.