Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge, a leader in offering treatment programs to those battling addiction, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill our opening for a Vehicle Maintenance Director.
Our mission is to assist teens and adults in gaining freedom from chemical addictions and other life controlling problems by addressing their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. When you work for MnTC, you’re not merely filling a job. You’re actively participating in a mission that is alive with purpose! You get the opportunity to see lives, families and dire circumstances transformed. You get to see hope take center stage and come to reality. Imagine ending the work day knowing that what you’ve done is meaningful, significant and rewarding.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Maintenance of MTC Vehicles:
- Perform the maintenance and repair of all vehicles owned by [...], including buses, vans and automobiles.
- Maintain all vehicle repair equipment and supplies.
- Advise supervisor of need for major vehicle repair projects.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum, paint and conduct other general cleaning of MTC vehicles and the vehicle repair garage, as warranted.
Supervision, Scheduling, and Training:
- Responsible for overall supervision and training of everyone assigned to work or assist in the Vehicle Maintenance Department, including Maintenance Crew Leaders, Program Interns, Program Clients and Volunteers.
- Review job orders to determine work priorities.
- Plan work schedules and estimate labor hour requirements for completion of each job assignment.
- Confer with Program Directors to coordinate activities of client workers.
- Responsible for inspecting work-in-process and completed work for conformance to specifications and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that each vehicle maintenance work study crew understands and follows safe working habits, such as wearing eye protection, ear plugs, and gloves whenever necessary.
- Motivate workers to achieve work goals.
Equipment, Tools & Supplies:
- Ensure that the necessary tools, equipment and supplies are readily available before each vehicle maintenance work-study crew begins to work on their assigned vehicle maintenance projects.
- Order and purchase the necessary vehicle parts and supplies after obtaining the approval of the supervisor.
- Ensure the safekeeping of all MTC vehicle maintenance tools and equipment.
- Inspect all vehicle maintenance tools and equipment for conformance with safety and operational standards.
- Make appropriate changes in working conditions, personnel assignments, and use of equipment to maximize the efficiency of vehicle maintenance work-study crew.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all vehicle maintenance performed, including work requests, supplies purchased, maintenance completed, and other records as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or senior management
- Vehicle Maintenance Technician
- Volunteers as assigned
- Program Clients as assigned
- Documented 1 year freedom from chemical use problems
- Possession of a class A or B Commercial Driver's License or the ability to upgrade within the first six months after hiring.
- Ability to successfully complete background check process.
- 1 year experience in a vehicle maintenance position.
- Fleet maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to perform all aspects of vehicle repair (electrical, tune ups, brakes, oil changes, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Very well organized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
Apply online at: [...]