|Company Type:||Independent Repair Service|
Position: Automotive and/or Heavy-Duty repair technician
We are an independent general repair shop in a rural community and work on a diverse range of vehicles including automotive car/light truck, medium/heavy duty, agricultural equipment, construction equipment and small engine. We provide all services from oil changes to overhauls. We employ a diverse group of technicians and schedule/dispatch work to each tech based on their skill level and expertise.
Attributes of our shop include:
· Napa Autocare Gold Certified repair facility
· Been in business for 30 plus years
· Facility is clean, bright LED lighting, well heated, comfortable breakroom with fridge, microwave and tv.
· Positive atmosphere, team oriented
· Well-staffed with service writers, parts person and a seasoned crew of techs
· Competitive pay scale
· Paid holiday & paid time off
· We are well equipped with multiple diagnostic scan tools (light duty and heavy duty) and other specialized tools
· 10 bay shop, 5 flat bays and 5 lift bays from 12-18K lifts, all well maintained
· Employee expectations are well laid out in an employee handbook
· We employ a skills matrix that considers your experience, certification and skill level that helps you find the next step to pay increases
· Active safety program
· Active weekly/monthly maintenance program
Candidates must be/have:
· State of Michigan certified (ASE is preferred)
· Hand tools and power tools that are well maintain and of sufficient quality & quantity to effectively carry out expected duties
· Valid drivers license, daily transportation to/from work, legally able to be employed in the United States
· Able to use tablet-based technology to communicate with front office and document all repair order information in our digital system (Autovitals). We perform digital inspection also using the tablets. Tablets are provided.
· A good communicator to service writers, technicians and management. Almost no customer contact is required other than a friendly "hello" if you pass one in the parking lot.
· Able to work under the supervision of the shop foreman and operations officer.
· Due to shop layout, a tech must be able to move toolbox (or tool cart) to each bay depending on job assignment. We do not have assigned bays.
Certifications / Qualifications
|Monday||7:00AM - 5:30PM|
|Tuesday||7:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Wednesday||7:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Thursday||7:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Friday||7:00AM - 5:00PM|
Job last updated Mar 4, 2020.