We are looking for someone who is happy, friendly, excited about life and can carry on a good conversation with cars! We pay hourly, no flat rate! We are open Monday thru Friday, no weekends! Grumpy people need not apply.
- A clean, bright shop environment complete with the latest technology.
- Weekends off!
- A friendly environment.
- Great clients!
- Comfortable lunchroom!
- Excellent pay with bonus!
- Great health benefits with no employee match!
- Paid time off for vacation, sick and holidays.
- Healthcare plan - company pays for employees. (No paycheck deductions!)
- Ongoing paid training.
- Comfy lunchroom with fridge, microwave, toaster oven, free coffee, etc.
- Pay increase for every ASE certification!
- Free full uniforms and free weekly laundering!
- Free work boots! (Yup! You read that right!)
- Loads of technical info!
- Entire shop networked with high speed internet access to OEM information systems, iATN archives, etc!
- Personal tablet for every mechanic.
- Many OEM scanners & laptop software programs for specific manufacturers.
- Mechanic's "parts account" available. Easy access to work on your own vehicles!
- Reliable attendance without abuse of allotted sick / vacation days.
- Clean work environment.
- Thorough and correct completion of work processes assigned, including any documentation.
- Clean, neat appearance with appropriate attire.
- Safe work habits with regard to self, co-workers, customers, facility and vehicles.
- Ability to determine when guidance is needed.
- Ability to self-correct for minor changes in job processes.
- Ability to be supervised on large or technically difficult jobs.
- Ability to make logical decisions affecting job outcomes without guidance.
Skill Set Required:
- Pleasant attitude towards employees, customers & vendors
- Valid CA driver's license - class C
- Ability to properly operate customer equipment on-highway
- Intermediate understanding of standard mechanical and power tools: Safe-use methods.
- Proper applications of different tools and differences between usages.
- Understanding of computer controlled tools and interfaces.
- Intermediate math, reading, comprehension and writing skills.
- Intermediate communication skills both internal and external.
- Intermediate understanding of vehicle electrical system pertaining to starting, charging, lighting, etc and ability to diagnose and repair with accuracy.
- Ability to sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" in A minor while milking a cow.
- Intermediate understanding of information technology sources and proper/timely usage.
- Ability to perform thorough preventive maintenance on vehicles.
- Ability to perform diagnostic troubleshooting on mechanical systems.
- ASE Certification in 3 areas is preferred but not necessary.
If you want to work in a friendly, appreciative environment, with plenty of room to earn and grow, this is the job for you! We have very low turnover, so this is a rare opportunity. Relocation assistance may be available.