[...] is an independent shop located in the Decatur, GA area. Our shop is growing, and we are looking for the next member to join our team. We are open to talking to automotive technicians of varying skill levels, from very experienced to those who want to learn more about our trade. Our shop is clean, and climate controlled. Our goal is to provide honest and trustworthy recommendations to our customers and perform the equivalent service above our customers expectations.
Applicants should be comfortable working on most foreign vehicles, as well as Ford and Jeep, and covering all mechanical and electrical repairs and maintenance to those vehicles, including tires and alignments.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Minimally interface with customers
- Some experience as an automotive technician is required
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
- Valid trade certification (e.g ASE) is a plus
- Candidate should furnish their own hand tools
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record required
- Weekday work only, 8am-5pm
- Climate controlled shop, cool in the summer!
- Performance-based individual and group bonuses
- Paid time off
- No weekends!