Passively Looking for Manager/Technician jobs and is willing to relocate for the right position.
I have had the honor to work in a variety of automotive technical fields before, during and after college. From working at a Ford and Chrysler dealer, to medium/heavy duty field repair 2 hours from a paved road. With the skills acquired through my formal education and field experience, my career blossomed to where I managed a public transit fleet and was present at the inception, and worked through the growing pains of a start-up public service. Due to the nature of custom transit coaches, my electrical, mechanical and multiple vendor sourced problem solving skills became more polished in the absence of a technical support group. One of the ancillary benefits of the professional challenges faced and conquered, is that I have become the go to source for hard to fix vehicle solutions in my area. I now have the honor of repairing the Crested Butte Fire Department's equipment also. Much of this time I donate to the department as my way of volunteering.
So I guess this begs the question, why do I want to move and pursue "starting over?" A desire to be part of an organization that is bigger than myself, and that strives for continuous innovation and customer service. In addition, a need to transcend my current career path and grow professionally. Thank you for your consideration, John.
Check out my LinkedIn profile
Tools and Equipment
I have a Picoscope 4423
Started repairing "unfix-able"(or no one wants to do it more like) vehicles while managing Alpine. Alpine was my employer and landlord, when another repair shop purchased the facility "we" were in, I retired and moved my business 30 miles down the road to Gunnison.
• Establish a Maintenance Program and record keeping for the transit vehicles and driver inspection reports
• Perform all maintenance, repairs, annual safety inspections in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations and Federal Transit Administration for Alpine Express and the Gunnison Valley RTA fleet.
• Provide assistance on new equipment procurement contracts, analysis and evaluations
• Manage vendors for building and vehicle supplies while staying within budget
· Diagnose and repair vehicles under warranty and customer pay
· Became a certified ASE master technician for Ford Motor Company and Chrysler
· Create estimates for warranty and customer pay repairs
Student - Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Profile last updated May 24, 2016.