Actively Looking for Educator/Instructor jobs and is willing to relocate for the right position.
I love the inner workings of things. I feel at home when I am:
1. holding a cup of coffee and tracing an electrical schematic
2. reading the live data of a disobedient car and noticing a value is not quite right
3. showing other techs how interesting the diagnosis is, and sharing the 'Ahhhh…that's what's wrong!' moment
4. holding a digital multimeter in my hands
5. listening to an engine with a stethoscope and visualizing what is ticking
6. called over by a tech for help when there's a burning smell and you can't tell if the smell is coming from the car, or from between the techs ears
and last but not least,
7. when the burning is coming from between my own ears
Tools and Equipment
I always bring my laptop and tablet to work. Also I've created a tool to help us techs stay organized. That one stays on our dealer network and is served from a local server on my laptop. Many techs use it and it has helped us greatly.
I'm experimenting with an Arduino microcomputer, and will hopefully soon have a tool that communicates with CAN networks through the DLC in a way customized by Techs at my dealership
Honda Master Tech
Profile last updated Jan 6, 2016.